OnePlus company released OnePlus 6T on 1st November 2018. If you purchased this device and want to root your newly purchased device, then you are at right place. To Root OnePlus 6T you need to follow simple steps.
- Unlock bootloader (this will factory reset your phone)
- Download twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6 .img: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=27466#downloads
- Download Magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
- Reboot into bootloader and run: fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.img
- In TWRP go to Advanced > ADB Sideload and swipe to start
- Then run: adb sideload Magisk-v17.3.zip
- Reboot back into OOS and you're rooted!